Friday 12 June 2009

Sugar Bowl challenge


I have been a fan of Sugar Nellie stamps for a while now and this little girl has to be one of my favourite images. She reminded me of my Great Niece, Jessica and I had to buy her immediately. Over on the Sugar Nellie challenge blog HERE they run regular challenges and this week it is a sketch challenge with the added extra requirement that you should use blue and green on your card.

At my local craft shop demo evening last night I met Kirsty Wiseman and bought her printables CD and was therefore able to print off some very bright green patterned papers this morning. I am still a wee bit uncertain about this "busy" style of card with these "loud" papers but even though it feels really weird for me to be trying them out, I have to say I do like the finished results.

So anyway this is my first ever challenge card and I am thrilled that it is for the Sugar Nellie Sugar Bowl blog.

3 comments:

Cheryl said...

Very pretty card. I like the papers the colours are very summery:)
Cheryl

Lilian said...

I love your bright and cheerful card! It's just so alive! The image is so cute and you've colored her beautifully! The flower looks awesome and I really should try it on one of my cards :) Thanks for joining the Sugar Bowl challenge and hope to see you in the next one too.

Jeni C Slack (^0^) said...

Such a gorgeous card Maria! I love the colors and the papers. I had fun playing the Sugar bowl as well.

I think you should definitely give it a try at Midnight Madness Sketch, you're cards have beautiful color, and not to mention up to $500 prize they are giving up, each week's entry is one more chance at the pot.
Please take a look, http://priscillastyles.blogspot.com
Best ~Jeni

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...