Wednesday, 15 May 2013
Hi there, three blog posts in a week...this must be a record for me in the past year.
Here is the card I made for my general swaps for our Stampin' Up! Regional event at Telford last weekend.
I made a WOW team swap and designed a shoebox swap for each of the Bloomin Buds team members that attended this event last Saturday but also need a swap idea for general swapping with some of the other demonstrators who attended. As we already knew there would be over 300+ taking part I quickly realised that there was no way I could make a swap for everyone so I just made 56 of these emboss resist cards. One for each of the Buds who were there and 50 for general swapping.
My base card is Early Expresso followed by Pool Party and Primrose Petals for the two embossed layers. This was topped by a further layer of Early Expresso onto which I adhered my stamped piece(using the beautiful Postage Due stamp set , thanks Jill) . To achieve the coloured effect I first used a Versamark clear inkpad and heat embossed the image using Clear Embossing Powder. Once this had cooled ever so slightly I sponged over the Pool Party and Primrose Petals colours using a sponge and then buffed up the embossed images using a soft cloth to remove the excess ink. I then simply added an Early Expresso Stitched grosgrain ribbon and mounted the whole panel onto dimensionals for added height. A tiny rhinstone was added to a die cut layeredflower and this completed my simple card.
I hope everyone who swapped with me liked my little offering.