Thursday 12 February 2009

Card Wallet and 4 Matching Cards



















The project for my evening card class on 20th February is a card wallet containing 4 matching cards. I got the original design idea from the amazingly talented Jenny over at Stamping Moments HERE
My class will also be using the Garden Whimsy set that Jenny used but I thought I would refresh myself as to how these are made, before my class next Friday. By making a couple of wallets, purely for practice for myself, I am also making something that will be Christmas or Birthday gifts to give someone this year
I decided to try a technique I haven't really used before which is the Resist technique. I used the Pocket Silhouettes stamp set and the images do lend themselves very well for this technique.
I stamped my first images in Elegant Eggplant onto whisper white cardstock. I then stamped a different flower head from the set using a Versamark ink pad and covered with Stampin Up clear embossing powder and heated it with my heatgun. I allowed it to cool slightly and then, using my brayer inked with So Saffron, I went over the whole piece of card. I did this a few times until I was happy with the depth of colour and then I took a piece of soft tissue and wiped over the white areas where the embossing powder was, to remove any hint of ink on those areas. I am really impressed with the finished effect of this technique and will certainly use it more in the future.
These pictures show the wallet and the 4 cards I made for inside.

2 comments:

Stamping Moments said...

Maria, Maria, Maria,

You have done a fantastic job, well done, its brilliant. Love the colours and everything. xxxx

Maria said...

Hi Jenny
Thank you for your kind comments. Glad you liked this set. The colour combination is gorgeous in real life.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...